|Associate Professor of the Department of History of Ukraine and methods of teaching history,
сandidate of historical sciences
Oleh Yehreshii was born on October 19 in 1974 Ivano-Frankivsk. In 1996 he graduated from the Faculty of History of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University on speciality «Teacher of History and Ethnology». In 1996 he started working as a teacher of history and law at the Precarpathian Military Sports Lyceum-Boarding School (Bohorodchany town), and a teacher of Ukrainian history at the Theological Academy of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. From 1999 to 2002 Oleh Yehreshii studied at the graduate school of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University. He has been teaching on the Department of History of Ukraine at Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian University, first as an assistant, and since 2006 as an associate professor. In 2003 he defended his dissertation on “Socio-political and cultural-educational activities of Bishop Hryhoriy Khomyshyn (1904–1945)”. In 2010 he was awarded the academic title of associate professor of the history of Ukraine. Research interests: history of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, history of everyday life, historical local lore.
- Yehreshii O. Bishop Hryhoriy Khomyshyn and the Ukrainian-Polish issue understanding of 1904–1939. Ivano-Frankivsk: Play. 2001. 71 p.
- Yehreshii O. Bishop Hryhoriy Khomyshyn: portrait of the religious and ecclesiastical and public and political figure. Ivano-Frankivsk: Nova Zorya, 2006. 168 p.
- Yehreshii O. Sacral archetypes: an attempt at a traditionalist view of historical retrospective. Carpathians. All-Ukrainian scientific and cultural-educational journal. 2014. № 5. P. 343–356.
- Yehreshii O. Gender ideology: scientific discourse against the background of destruction traditions. Galicia. Scientific and cultural-educational local lore journal. 2016. № 28. S. 155–164.
- Yehreshii O. “Gender policy” and “gender ideology”: homonyms or synonyms? Eminak: scientific quarterly. 2017. № 1 (17) (January – March). Pp. 82–89. URL: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/eminak_2017_1%283%29__1810
- Yehreshii O. The latest challenges to Christianity in the XXI century. Carpathians: man, ethnicity, civilization. Scientific journal on the problems of Carpathian studies. (Materials). International Scientific Conference “Hoshiv Monastery in the spiritual and cultural and historical life of Ukraine: the phenomenon of Ukrainian Greek Catholic monasticism. To the 400 th anniversary of the Order of St. Basil the Great. October 5-6. 2017 »). 2018. № 7–8. Pp. 334–346. URL: https://carpathiansjournal.pnu.edu.ua/archive/carpathians-man-ethnos-civilization-7-8.
- Kuhutiak M., Raikivskyi I., Yehreshii O. Halychyna. Journal of Regional Studies: Science, Culture, and Education. Twenty Years of Publishing Activity. Journal of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University. Scientific Edition. Series of Social and Human Sciences. Ivano-Frankivsk, 2017. Vol. 4, no. 2. P. 134–138. URL: http://lib.pnu.edu.ua:8080/handle/123456789/60899
- Yehreshii O. The place of the Greek Catholic clergy in the boycott of the census population in 1921 in Galicia. Galicia. Scientific and cultural-educational local lore journal. 2018. № 31. S. 176–184. URL: https://journals.pnu.edu.ua/index.php/istgal/issue/view/1678
- Yehreshii O. The repressive policy of the Polish authorities regarding priest Volodymyr Sternyuk Sr. in the early 1920 s: an attempt at historical reconstruction. Scientific Yearbook “History of Religions in Ukraine”. Lviv Museum of the History of Religion. Lviv: Logos, 2019. Issue. 29. pp. 150–158. URL: http://www.religio.org.ua/index.php/religio/issue/view/17
- Yehreshii O. Speech of the Polish Ambassador Bronislaw Wojciechowski against Metropolitan Andrei Sheptytsky in 1938: content and public resonance. Vasyl Stefanyk, Ivan Franko, Andrei Sheptytsky in the context of cultural educational processes of the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries: a collective monograph ordering and scientific editing: Natalia Mochernyuk, Alexander Soletsky. Ivano-Frankivsk: VHC “Education”, 2020. P. 74-83. URL: http://lib.pnu.edu.ua:8080/handle/123456789/7937?locale=uk
- Yehrechii O., Deliatynskyi R. The repressive policies of the polish authorities against the Greek Catholic Clergy in 1919: methods and features. East European Historical Bulletin. 2020. Issue 15. pp. 117–127. URL: http://eehb.dspu.edu.ua/issue/view/12407
- Yehrechii O., Drohomyretska L. Determining the legal status of the Greek Catholic Church in the Polish state (1919–1925). Galicia. Scientific and cultural-educational local lore journal. 2020. Ch. 33. S. 159–167. URL: https://journals.pnu.edu.ua/index.php/istgal/issue/view/249.
- Yehrechii O. Ego-documents” about the conditions of the deportation and adaptation of families of greek-catholic priests in the far east in 1950–1953. Problems of humanities: collection of scientific works of Ivan Franko State Pedagogical University. History. 2021. Ch. 7/49. S. 169–183. URL: http://phh.dspu.edu.ua/article/view/234421
- Yehrechii O. Methodology of genealogical search in secondary educational institutions. Youth &market. 2021. N. 3/189. S. 91–101. URL: http://mir.dspu.edu.ua/article/view/234146
- Yehrechii O. Siretski-Yarymovychi. Ivano-Frankivsk: KP firm “Lik”. 2020. 331 p.
1. History of Ukraine (at non-historical faculties).
2. History of Ukrainian culture.
3. History of religion and the Church in Ukraine.
5. Everyday life of Ukrainians XX – beg. XXI century.
Faculty of History, Political Science and International Relations
Department of History of Ukraine and methods of teaching history
street Shevchenko, 57, aud. 601
(Humanitarian Corps, 6th floor)
tel: (0342) 59-60-06